Let us begin with the word "spend." Is the government "spending" money on people whenever it does not tax them as much as it can? Such convoluted reasoning would never pass muster if the mainstream media were not...
Barack Obama, like most Democrats, does not care whether his words describe reality. He is interested in whether they gain him more power, whether true or not, whether accurate or not. Objectively, that is morally disgusting. But some people find it acceptable. In fact, the majority of Americans seem to find that acceptable, as they keep electing Democrats to high office despite repeated demonstrations that their words mean only that they think we want to hear those words. So, I'm not sure what Dr. Sowell's point is. OF COURSE the Democrats are lying. They're Democrats. But how is that different from yesterday, or tomorrow? If you find their lying pleasant, you'll vote for them. Right?
Anyone who wants to study the tricks of propaganda rhetoric has a rich source of examples in the statements of President Barack Obama. On Monday, July 9th, for example, he said that Republicans "believe that prosperity comes from the top down, so that if we spend trillions more on tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, that that will somehow unleash jobs and economic growth."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 9 hours ago