Let us begin with the word "spend." Is the government "spending" money on people whenever it does not tax them as much as it can? Such convoluted reasoning would never pass muster if the mainstream media were not...
Barack Obama, like most Democrats, does not care whether his words describe reality. He is interested in whether they gain him more power, whether true or not, whether accurate or not. Objectively, that is morally disgusting. But some people find it acceptable. In fact, the majority of Americans seem to find that acceptable, as they keep electing Democrats to high office despite repeated demonstrations that their words mean only that they think we want to hear those words. So, I'm not sure what Dr. Sowell's point is. OF COURSE the Democrats are lying. They're Democrats. But how is that different from yesterday, or tomorrow? If you find their lying pleasant, you'll vote for them. Right?
Anyone who wants to study the tricks of propaganda rhetoric has a rich source of examples in the statements of President Barack Obama. On Monday, July 9th, for example, he said that Republicans "believe that prosperity comes from the top down, so that if we spend trillions more on tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, that that will somehow unleash jobs and economic growth."
- New education plan: Take the “tricky vocabulary” out of the SAT exam Jazz Shaw 54 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago