Today it's Barack Obama, demanding a "Buffett rule" and decrying the harm caused when "the gap between those at the very, very top and everybody else keeps growing wider and wider and wider and wider." Not so long ago it was John Edwards, intent on riding his "Two Americas" stump speech ("One America does the work while another America reaps the reward") all the way to the White House. Earlier still it was FDR, lambasting the...
A society in which all members receive more or less the same income would necessarily be unjust. Some people produce more than others; some produce a LOT more than others. Differing income levels is justice, and the attempt to level those differences is INjustice. Furthermore, the attempt to gain electoral advantage by inciting people to envy those who make more than they do is evil.
There is nothing new under the sun, including politicians who seek to win votes by milking the gap between rich and poor.
- Fatah, Hamas announce reconciliation pact, new elections Ed Morrissey 32 minutes ago
- Just a reminder: Lindsey Graham’s probably going to get reelected Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Tom Steyer: I am absolutely nothing at all like the Koch brothers Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Video: AFP launches ObamaCare attacks on four vulnerable Senate Dems Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- DoJ guidelines on Obama drug-war clemency: 10 years in prison minimum Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Rand Paul on abortion: “We’re not changing any of the laws until the country is persuaded otherwise” Allahpundit 3 hours ago