Today it's Barack Obama, demanding a "Buffett rule" and decrying the harm caused when "the gap between those at the very, very top and everybody else keeps growing wider and wider and wider and wider." Not so long ago it was John Edwards, intent on riding his "Two Americas" stump speech ("One America does the work while another America reaps the reward") all the way to the White House. Earlier still it was FDR, lambasting the...
A society in which all members receive more or less the same income would necessarily be unjust. Some people produce more than others; some produce a LOT more than others. Differing income levels is justice, and the attempt to level those differences is INjustice. Furthermore, the attempt to gain electoral advantage by inciting people to envy those who make more than they do is evil.
There is nothing new under the sun, including politicians who seek to win votes by milking the gap between rich and poor.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 7 hours ago