Don't envy the puppets of demons. They live in a precarious world in which their masters would just as soon eat them as reward them. The most extreme version of this that I've seen was the Soviet Politburo, where all members, each privileged and at the pinnacle of his career, had to engage in constant warfare to keep their own staffs from denouncing them, to say nothing of all the other Politburo members. Yeah, he'll be wealthy and famous, until he becomes a liability. Then he'll be discarded like a used condom. That may or may not happen, but he'll spend the rest of his life fretting about it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago