Iran signed the UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights as long ago as 1948. That's when Iran was ruled by the Shah. That UNDHR...
The reliance of the leftist mind on the *perfection* of the UN is irrational and astonishing. Every political system is corrupt and full of power-seekers. The most powerful, most devious power-seekers in each nation rise to the top of the government. They send their friends to the UN. So, does the UN represent the good will of all nations? Of course not; it represents the most powerful, most corrupt power-seekers on the planet. They will naturally attempt to increase their power through the UN -- and predictably, the UN produces dishonest research that promotes greater UN power, and also has been implicated in the largest grafting schemes in human history. This surprises nobody who is aware of what the UN really is. Leftists ignore it.
Every fall, it seems, Americans are subjected to the ugly spectacle of Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad coming to New York to address the UN General Assembly. There, at the podium, he is placed on a par with President Obama, Prime Minister David Cameron, France's Francois Hollande, and other leaders of civilized states. Ahmadinejad has used this podium to spew his anti-American, anti-Israel hatred. And yet he receives hearty applause from the Islamist delegates seated before him.
- D.C. Circuit guts ObamaCare: Consumers in federal exchange are ineligible for subsidies Allahpundit 48 minutes ago
- MSNBC: Say, that Hillary Clinton book tour was a big mistake, huh? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Never the commander-in-chief Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Kerry lands in Cairo as Hamas, Israel refuse cease fire Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- IRS: Hey, maybe we do have our e-mail backups Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago