America is on track to go bankrupt. Just like Greece. The signs are all around us. We've lost our AAA credit rating. Trillion dollar deficits are the new normal. The Fed is buying 61% of our own debt. Barack Obama's 10 year budget will leave Americans with “more debt than has been accumulated by all previous Presidents in American history combined.” Nobody on the Left or Right seems to believe we'll ever pay off all of the money we owe. Life as we know it is very close to ending and yet Americans seem to be...
In response to:
We can't lay this all on Obama. He's working hard to bring about the collapse, but the core of it has had the cooperation of both parties and all federal-level politicians, including Congress. The fiction of borrowing from Social Security and Medicaid without properly accounting for the borrowing, and redirecting the "surplus" from those programs into general federal spending, has been going on without comment since the 1960s. We have been overspending for almost 5 decades. Only Ronald Reagan and Newt Gingrich had the temerity even to cut it back a little, and they actually only slowed its growth. They were opposed by members of their own party.
- Poll: 55% of Americans under age 35 oppose sanctions on Russia Allahpundit 44 minutes ago
- Video: C’mon, America, let’s ban the word “bossy” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS, partly due to “liberal bias” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: CPAC review, Lisa De Pasquale Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Ron Paul: Crimea has the right to join Russia, and U.S. sanctions would be “criminal” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- CPAC interviews: The candidates Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago