According to a new Gallup poll, Americans have become less optimistic that a fiscal cliff deal will be reached between the president and congressional leaders before January 1st.
The changes can be expected as the updated poll was conducted Dec. 21-22 -- shortly after House Speaker John Boehner pulled ‘Plan B’. As Guy noted at the time of the ‘Plan B’ fiasco, Boehner’s move was a
- White House slams Hamas’ “barbaric” kidnapping, cease-fire violations Ed Morrissey 32 mins ago
- Obama hits 40% approval in AP poll, loses ground on foreign policy Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- July jobs report: 209,000 jobs added, jobless rate 6.2% Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Report: New House bill on border crisis will limit Obama’s power to expand executive amnesty to new illegals; Update: Two separate bills Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Democrats celebrate ‘midterm gift’ of GOP’s failure to pass border bill Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 3 hours ago