There was a touchy relationship between President Reagan and his Vice President George H.W. Bush. They were rivals during the primaries. Bush attacked the Reagan economic agenda as “voodoo economics.” Bush served faithfully as VP for eight years but Reagan and Bush never warmed to one another. There...
Edit The dilemma of: voting someone into power who doesn't really want the power, won't become infatuated with it when they get it, and will work diligently away to eliminate most of it
Liberals do not grasp the distinction between Ronald Reagan and (either) George Bush. This blind spot creates a massive confusion and hazard to their ambitions. Obama defeated neither the Reagan Narrative nor Team Reagan. Team Bush appropriated, and then marginalized, both. Obama beat Team Bush, not Team Reagan. The implications are huge.
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago