Time flies when you're frantically moving goalposts and remaking one-sixth of the US economy, doesn't it? Three years ago today, the House of Representatives approved the Senate-passed healthcare bill, sending it to the president's desk to become the law of the land -- all without a single Republican vote in either house of Congress. In the lead up to that moment, were effectively peddled legislative perfection. Obamacare would reduce family premiums, bend the national health spending curve downward, insure 46 million Americans, cover everyone for no additional cost, and actually reduce national deficits. The law has since survived enduring...
In response to:
If they're serving overseas, they don't or their votes are not counted!
- NATO: Russia has moved artillery units and personnel into Ukraine Ed Morrissey 39 mins ago
- Hamas executes “collaborators” as Israeli air strikes target leadership Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- White House: That round of golf after the Foley video was released doesn’t show the depth of Obama’s grief Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: As Scott Brown pounds on immigration, NH Senate race closes to statistical tie Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Conservative columnists agree: Go to war in Iraq and Syria, don’t occupy them Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago