Obama's assessment of the economy reminds many of 2008 Republican presidential candidate John McCain's characterization of the economy. In September 2008, the investment firm Lehman Brothers was collapsing. Wall Street was shaking as the yet-to-be-declared recession deepened, but McCain said: "I think,...
Actually, o-blame-o is the ...former COMMUNIST organizer..."
After President Barack Obama said, "The private sector is doing fine," he later quickly regrouped. "The economy is not doing fine (emphasis added). That's the reason I had the press conference." But Obama said he was particularly concerned about losses in the public sector. The cluelessness is absolutely stunning. Obama is wrong about both the private and public sector.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 5 hours ago