Obama's assessment of the economy reminds many of 2008 Republican presidential candidate John McCain's characterization of the economy. In September 2008, the investment firm Lehman Brothers was collapsing. Wall Street was shaking as the yet-to-be-declared recession deepened, but McCain said: "I think,...
Actually, o-blame-o is the ...former COMMUNIST organizer..."
After President Barack Obama said, "The private sector is doing fine," he later quickly regrouped. "The economy is not doing fine (emphasis added). That's the reason I had the press conference." But Obama said he was particularly concerned about losses in the public sector. The cluelessness is absolutely stunning. Obama is wrong about both the private and public sector.
- White House now leaning on Eric Holder to play the role of racial healer? Noah Rothman 30 mins ago
- WaPo: Was Foley’s killer a former Gitmo detainee? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Everything has changed after the execution of James Foley by ISIS Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago