Obama's assessment of the economy reminds many of 2008 Republican presidential candidate John McCain's characterization of the economy. In September 2008, the investment firm Lehman Brothers was collapsing. Wall Street was shaking as the yet-to-be-declared recession deepened, but McCain said: "I think,...
Actually, o-blame-o is the ...former COMMUNIST organizer..."
After President Barack Obama said, "The private sector is doing fine," he later quickly regrouped. "The economy is not doing fine (emphasis added). That's the reason I had the press conference." But Obama said he was particularly concerned about losses in the public sector. The cluelessness is absolutely stunning. Obama is wrong about both the private and public sector.
- Israel shoots down Hamas drone as escalation continues Ed Morrissey 33 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 18 hours ago