After a few weeks spent tracking down and questioning pollsters and the reporters of polls, I can assure the reader that pollsters are the modern-day alchemists. They promise to turn numbers into predictive gold. We'd all like to believe these magical powers exist, but we shouldn't. The pollsters of 2012 just don't know who is going to win in November any more than did the pollsters of 1980 know that Ronald Reagan was headed towards a landslide in that late-breaking year.
Can you folks honestly say that you respond to any pollster? If so, why? It's not as though there's not enough intrusion into our lives already is there? Sheesh! Who gives a flying about this or that poll, on this or that day. Every one of you is being played. Without somehow holding some interest while injecting some artificial tension into these campaigns, there'd be little interest in the filth and mud of this election season. So go on and play along on these meaningless shenanigans. Nov. 7th we'll know for real. Try getting real, O.K?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Good: Comedienne refuses to apologize for telling jokes Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Shocking report: Obama didn’t even finish Jiro’s sushi Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Who’s up for a Throwback Thursday with Kim Jong Un? Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Georgia governor signs liberalizing concealed carry law Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 10 hours ago