I'm in the camp that believes Republicans have no choice but to agree to raise taxes on the top 2 percent of earners. The party has been successfully caricatured as the servant of the rich. This is unjust, yes, but justice is imperfect in this life. It's political suicide for Republicans to stand fast on maintaining current rates for high earners even at the cost of raising taxes for everyone else. Imagine if we went over the fiscal cliff. In January, Obama would call upon Congress to pass a law restoring the tax rates for 98 percent of filers. What could...
W/O Gooberment throwing gobs of cash into the inner-city ghetto's, those urban areas would burn to the ground. Then why not we go ahead and let them? Fire can be such a cleansing force for good. Imagine what kind of freedom, industry, hope and desire for a prosperous future might sprout up after that event.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago