According to the Congressional Budget Office, Congress will spend $3.8 trillion this year, about 24 percent of our $15 trillion gross domestic product. But federal tax revenue will be much less, only $2.5 trillion,...
The Washington, D.C.-based Tax Foundation does a yeoman's job of keeping track of how much we're paying in taxes and who's paying what. It turns out that American taxpayers worked this year from Jan. 1 to April 17, 107 days, to earn enough money to pay their federal, state and local tax bills. That statistic requires some clarification, and I ask my readers to help me examine it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 29 minutes ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 3 hours ago