According to the Congressional Budget Office, Congress will spend $3.8 trillion this year, about 24 percent of our $15 trillion gross domestic product. But federal tax revenue will be much less, only $2.5 trillion,...
The Washington, D.C.-based Tax Foundation does a yeoman's job of keeping track of how much we're paying in taxes and who's paying what. It turns out that American taxpayers worked this year from Jan. 1 to April 17, 107 days, to earn enough money to pay their federal, state and local tax bills. That statistic requires some clarification, and I ask my readers to help me examine it.
- Jeanne Shaheen’s victory lap on chemical weapons in Syria exposes ignorance Noah Rothman 16 mins ago
- Autopsy shows Michael Brown shot twice at close range Ed Morrissey 47 mins ago
- Christie “tired of hearing about the minimum wage.” Mistake? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Dems: We’re keeping Pelosi even if we lose Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Shaheen approves of Obama except when she doesn’t Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago