According to the Congressional Budget Office, Congress will spend $3.8 trillion this year, about 24 percent of our $15 trillion gross domestic product. But federal tax revenue will be much less, only $2.5 trillion,...
The Washington, D.C.-based Tax Foundation does a yeoman's job of keeping track of how much we're paying in taxes and who's paying what. It turns out that American taxpayers worked this year from Jan. 1 to April 17, 107 days, to earn enough money to pay their federal, state and local tax bills. That statistic requires some clarification, and I ask my readers to help me examine it.
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 37 mins ago
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Media curiously silent on “Truthy” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Wednesday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Feds put kibosh on self-driving cars, plane sharing Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago