Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
Republican Representatives and Republicans in general will be blamed for Obama’s failure to turn the economy around. I believe they need to take several actions to help the American electorate understand that Obama and Obama alone will own the 2nd term disaster. First, establish a true working panel of budget experts. Have them research every possible source of revenue from eliminating fraud to closing tax loop holes. That can be sold as “Fairness”. Second, plan a revision of the Tax Code to a basic Flat Tax on ALL income regardless of source. Say 10-16%. The only exempt income will be SS, Military Pension or Medicare benefits. Con'td
- 72-Hour ceasefire in Gaza lasted just 90 minutes Noah Rothman 19 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 12 hours ago