Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
Republican Representatives and Republicans in general will be blamed for Obama’s failure to turn the economy around. I believe they need to take several actions to help the American electorate understand that Obama and Obama alone will own the 2nd term disaster. First, establish a true working panel of budget experts. Have them research every possible source of revenue from eliminating fraud to closing tax loop holes. That can be sold as “Fairness”. Second, plan a revision of the Tax Code to a basic Flat Tax on ALL income regardless of source. Say 10-16%. The only exempt income will be SS, Military Pension or Medicare benefits. Con'td
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 15 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 17 hours ago