Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
Republican Representatives and Republicans in general will be blamed for Obama’s failure to turn the economy around. I believe they need to take several actions to help the American electorate understand that Obama and Obama alone will own the 2nd term disaster. First, establish a true working panel of budget experts. Have them research every possible source of revenue from eliminating fraud to closing tax loop holes. That can be sold as “Fairness”. Second, plan a revision of the Tax Code to a basic Flat Tax on ALL income regardless of source. Say 10-16%. The only exempt income will be SS, Military Pension or Medicare benefits. Con'td
- Video: MNsure renewal process nonexistent Ed Morrissey 20 mins ago
- Pentagon: ‘Years’ of war ahead in Syria and Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Carson: “Likelihood is strong” that I’ll run for President in 2016 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm, Sen. James Inhofe, Salena Zito Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Sisi: Egypt backs US strikes on ISIS, will participate in coalition, if … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Israel shoots down Syrian jet over Golan Heights Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago