Democrats appear to have the upper hand on the politics of the fiscal cliff, which might explain their brash pronouncements and mind-blowing conceptualization of "compromise." This morning I outlined three possible contingencies for Republicans, none of which is especially attractive. But is there a fourth way? The GOP's dilemma is a doozy. Their opponents, emboldened by the election, are pushing for counter-productive tax hikes on "the rich" -- a politically popular...
Republican Representatives and Republicans in general will be blamed for Obama’s failure to turn the economy around. I believe they need to take several actions to help the American electorate understand that Obama and Obama alone will own the 2nd term disaster. First, establish a true working panel of budget experts. Have them research every possible source of revenue from eliminating fraud to closing tax loop holes. That can be sold as “Fairness”. Second, plan a revision of the Tax Code to a basic Flat Tax on ALL income regardless of source. Say 10-16%. The only exempt income will be SS, Military Pension or Medicare benefits. Con'td
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago