During a recent gun violence prevention public hearing in Hartford, Connecticut, Bill Stevens, a father of a Sandy Hook student who survived the massacre that took place in December, testified. Stevens explained why his daughter is safer at home than she is at school because "911" and "lockdown" are not enough to protect her from an evil person. Stevens also defended the right to bear arms which is not only written in the Second Amendment, but in the Connecticut constitution as well. He argued gun owners shouldn't be turned into suspects no matter how many firearms or rounds of ammunition...
In response to:
I believe all human life begins with equal value. It is the decisions each makes that alter that value to society. So with children, which life is more valuable. Which needs defense more than another. With the proposals set forth by the Liberals we clearly see that they want all life at greater risk by removing the method of resistance to evil. By his proposed legislation and public comments, Obama is telling you his daughters are more valuable than yours. Back to my second sentence, political attempts to remove my personal security reduce the value of your life in my world.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 10 hours ago