With a population of just over half a million and an unemployment rate of 3%, politics plays out differently in North Dakota. Issues that don’t resonate with voters on a national stage, like the failure of the House to pass a Farm Bill, are of primary concern to North Dakota voters. Although solidly Republican when it comes to voting for a president, they have had a Democratic Senator for over fifty years. For this reason, the Senate race between current Representative Rick Berg (R) and former Attorney General Heidi Heitkamp (D) has shaped up to be a hotly contested...
The real reason the race is still up in the air is because the wind never stops blowing in that place. I grew up there, I know.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 11 hours ago