With a population of just over half a million and an unemployment rate of 3%, politics plays out differently in North Dakota. Issues that don’t resonate with voters on a national stage, like the failure of the House to pass a Farm Bill, are of primary concern to North Dakota voters. Although solidly Republican when it comes to voting for a president, they have had a Democratic Senator for over fifty years. For this reason, the Senate race between current Representative Rick Berg (R) and former Attorney General Heidi Heitkamp (D) has shaped up to be a hotly contested...
The real reason the race is still up in the air is because the wind never stops blowing in that place. I grew up there, I know.
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 30 mins ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Awful: Nine-year-old girl accidentally shoots instructor with Uzi Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: Walker’s lead grows with registered voters…but he trails among likely voters? Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- CBO revises estimate, warns U.S. economic growth will underwhelm in 2014 Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- VA customer relations training equates vets angry over care with … Oscar the Grouch Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago