Let us begin with the word "spend." Is the government "spending" money on people whenever it does not tax them as much as it can? Such convoluted reasoning would never pass muster if the mainstream media were not...
Fact is, the world is not fair. There are the rich - many by inheritance - some by luck. In USA many can get there by hard work. There are the poor. Some by inheritance, some by bad choices. Economics (wealth distribution) works on trickle down principle. You can either have trickle down by the private sector, or by the Government. One is filtered and controlled by profit motive, the other filtered and complicated by political and power motives. The simpler profit motive is what works to the benefit of more people. The other motives depends on good stewards of other people's money - fails every time and every where it is tried.
Anyone who wants to study the tricks of propaganda rhetoric has a rich source of examples in the statements of President Barack Obama. On Monday, July 9th, for example, he said that Republicans "believe that prosperity comes from the top down, so that if we spend trillions more on tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, that that will somehow unleash jobs and economic growth."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 11 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago