I was thinking about these federal rangers who are guarding places like the Pisgah Inn. They need to be asked this simple question,"Are you a Patriot or a Redcoat." The lines are being drawn. Stand with America or stand with the dictator.
I am getting ready to start my 33rd year as a teacher. I don't particularly need Common Core, Essential Elements or any government guided standard to tell me what I need to teach to my students......but, I am old school. I know what to teach, how to teach, how to make it interesting, and how to get my students excited about learning. Common Core or any other mandated standards are out there and are not making things any better. They are, at best, window dressing, smoke and mirrors to make someone think they have solved the educational dilemmas facing the nation. The education system is broken as is all the other institutions in the culture: political, economic, family, religious.

Detroit: My City Was Gone

imhistory Wrote: Jul 28, 2013 11:06 AM
Thanks for this informative article. I never really knew much of the particulars of Detroit (nor any city that I haven't lived in and I think that is fairly typical). I enjoyed the little lesson in history. I did know Detroit was big and powerful and beautiful at one time and I did not it was in serious trouble, and I knew it was under Democratic control, but not who, not what they did, and not a good, concise tracking of the slide downward.

Protecting Obama’s Right to Bear Arms

imhistory Wrote: May 12, 2013 11:26 AM
While in Paris, I asked a local why the French surrendered so quickly to Hitler. I was touring Notre Dame Cathedral and was hearing about the efforts to preserve this cathedral and keep it from being damaged by the Nazi's. The reply from the French local was this, "Paris was too beautiful to risk being destroyed." I thought about the poor Ethipians who threw their spears at the invading Italians, about the Dutch who fought knowing they would lose and could only feel disdain for trying to save a city by such lowly capitulation.

Obama Cheated, That’s How

imhistory Wrote: May 11, 2013 11:17 AM
My impression of this column: this is the most powerful thing I have seen you write. Thank you.

The Art of the Impossible

imhistory Wrote: Apr 30, 2013 12:09 PM
This is so eloquently stated and so simple, it hurts my head wondering why people can't face these simple truths instead of buying pretty lies.

The Education Blob's Revenge

imhistory Wrote: Apr 25, 2013 10:16 PM
Continued.....they do not know who George Washington was, they don't know who won the Civil War. They have to be taught basic US History. They could not tell you who is on the money to save their lives. It is so sad that they have gone through the system and are so empty. Taxpayers are being cheated by the government.

The Education Blob's Revenge

imhistory Wrote: Apr 25, 2013 10:14 PM
I am a 32 year veteran teacher....in a private school. I get to teach. My students do not need to be disciplined. Parents support the school. It is wonderful. It occurred to me one day, that the public schools, run by the government, WANT the students/populace to be ignorant so they can control them better. The government does not want an educated citizenry. The school system is just as broke as the rest of our institutions and needs to be scrapped. Add in Common Core and you have a recipe for a Marxist state. I also teach at a local community college and get the results of the public school system there. I admire my students, they want to do better. However, they come into the college system as empty of knowledge as they can be.
Was the email address doug@yo-mama a joke? I tried to send you some stuff you might find interesting but it keeps bouncing. I am thinking I was pretty darn gullible on this one.

The “NEED” For Immigration Reform

imhistory Wrote: Apr 07, 2013 8:40 AM
I personally prefer the term "invaders" for the illegals.