Huh? In regard to Ayn Rand's philosophy vs. Christianity, there is much to debate. The questions dbame poses are questions I have asked myself while reading several of Rand's works and spending time learning about her views. There is much in Rand's views one can appreciate in terms of personal accountability. I appreciate her view of art where she decries art which gratifies man's lowest instincts rather than uplifting man to greater potential. Some of Rand's ideas are antagonistic to Biblical precepts. She was very anti-religion seeing it merely as a collective. Personally, I do not think she was well versed in the Bible especially Genesis. She missed the whole point that man had individual free will to choose good or evil.
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 21 hours ago