Earlier this week, President Obama called for even higher taxes on wealthy Americans in the future to tackle our massive debt and deficit problems even after hiking taxes on 77 percent of Americans in the fiscal cliff deal. Now, ethics challenged Rep. Maxine Waters, who is now the second most powerful member on the House Banking Committee, is following in Obama's footsteps by calling for further soaking of the rich through taxes on Ed Schultz's radio show. Laughably, Waters also suggests the massive cost of Social Security and Medicare can be offset by taxing the rich, even though confiscating...
In response to:
Everyone should pay something. The flat tax is the best idea. Pay 10%, across the board. Yes, that means the rich pay more, because they MAKE more, how's that? OR...get rid of the income tax, and enact a national sales tax. Again, everyone will pay their "fair share," and it's "fair" because if you make more money, you buy more stuff, you pay more tax, and vice versa. You people are about "punishing your enemies," just as your Messiah declared.
- FDA set to regulate e-cigs — and cigars, pipe tobacco Ed Morrissey 17 minutes ago
- Five dead in Ukraine clashes as Obama warns on sanctions Ed Morrissey 52 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 12 hours ago