I agree. They should not be full time. When the US Constitution was drafted by the founding fathers, it was determined legislators would only come to Washington, DC to pass legislation and then return to their jobs or businesses in their home or state area. It was never meant to be a full time job. Each state has to put an amendment on the ballot to make these legislators only part time as was originally expected by the founders of our country.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago