“We don’t see the debt as an excuse to cut with abandon, to shirk our obligations,” Ryan said. “We see it as an opportunity to reform government, to make it cleaner and more effective. That’s what conservatives stand for.”
the words "conservative" and "liberal" have lost any meaning they may have had. I want the original Constitution and Bill of Rights used for it's intended purpose. If the words are not there, then you don't get to do it. I suppose if you must call me something then, I'd be a Constitutionalist.
- Bob Beckel: Get ready for an October surprise, Republicans Allahpundit 32 mins ago
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Josh Earnest: Ignore Obama’s military critics because they served under Bush Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Exonerated, Chris Christie taunts the press by embracing Roger Goodell Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Scotland votes No to independence Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago