Wendy60 wrote: The neoconservatives are the reason why Boehner is not putting up a fight. The neocons do the thinking for the Republican leadership on all matters of strategy and morality in politics. Boehner wouldn't take a dump if the neocons told him not to, and if they told him to do so, he would strain for hours. Neocons want tax increases, because paying higher taxes is a sacrifice. Neocons believe that the little people have to be forced into sacrificing for the "collective self," i.e., the state, because that is the only way to preserve the social order. What they...
the trouble with this discussion is you let the dam democrats invent the language. There is no such thing as a "neocon", these people infesting the Republican Party were Reagan Democrats, and without Reagan, they're Just Democrats. Once you understand who is running the party, it's instantly clear why they behave the way they do, and what you have to do about it. (replace them, is the answer- not third party. You can not overcome the sheer numbers of voters who are going to vote party and who are going to remain ignorant, they do not even know there is a problem)
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago