Reading this thread I almost got the feeling that my ungodly, agnostic ways are the reason for my pro-choice position. Therefore, it almost took me by surprise to read a diversity of opinions on the issue by different and within different religions. (http://www.pewforum.org/Abortion/Religious-Groups-Official-Positions-on-Abortion.aspx) You should also note that Romney's position does allow for exceptions in case of rape and incest. Ryan has adapted to his new position as No 2 on the ticket. From my knowledge of U.S. history, presidents, once elected, let party platforms be party platforms. I think I recently heard Reince Priebus say something in this respect ...
Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 12 hours ago