Reading this thread I almost got the feeling that my ungodly, agnostic ways are the reason for my pro-choice position. Therefore, it almost took me by surprise to read a diversity of opinions on the issue by different and within different religions. (http://www.pewforum.org/Abortion/Religious-Groups-Official-Positions-on-Abortion.aspx) You should also note that Romney's position does allow for exceptions in case of rape and incest. Ryan has adapted to his new position as No 2 on the ticket. From my knowledge of U.S. history, presidents, once elected, let party platforms be party platforms. I think I recently heard Reince Priebus say something in this respect ...
Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 23 minutes ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago