Mother of 4, we are entering into dishonesty territory. You simply DECLARE that a zygote is a "human being" and then use that as a tool to badger me with the GENERALIZATION of "selected, superior classES of human beingS hav[ing] rights while other, lesser human beings may be freely slaughtered for the convenience of those who do have rights." Conveniently, this invokes all sorts of dark and sinister insinuations. I respect that you consider a zygote a human being but I expect you to also respect that BECAUSE I do see an essential differences between a zygote and an essentially viable and sentient embryo I would not IN GENERAL differentiate between selected, higher classES of human beingS (note your defamatory plurals).
Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Surprise: UAW folds in VW dispute Ed Morrissey 40 minutes ago
- Drone attacks kill dozens of AQ operatives in Yemen following confab Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NBC wonders: What makes David Gregory tick? Ed Morrissey 2 hour ago
- Ukraine Easter truce collapses, three dead at pro-Russian separatist checkpoint Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Attkisson: CBS News too “ideologically entrenched” to air stories critical of the Obama administration Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago