Mother of 4, we are entering into dishonesty territory. You simply DECLARE that a zygote is a "human being" and then use that as a tool to badger me with the GENERALIZATION of "selected, superior classES of human beingS hav[ing] rights while other, lesser human beings may be freely slaughtered for the convenience of those who do have rights." Conveniently, this invokes all sorts of dark and sinister insinuations. I respect that you consider a zygote a human being but I expect you to also respect that BECAUSE I do see an essential differences between a zygote and an essentially viable and sentient embryo I would not IN GENERAL differentiate between selected, higher classES of human beingS (note your defamatory plurals).
Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Meanwhile in Israel, Hamas claims responsibility for attack in Jerusalem Noah Rothman 51 mins ago
- Reuters: Suspect in Ottawa attack identified, was a Canadian convert to Islam Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- New James O’Keefe video: Lefty organizers in Colorado wouldn’t support voter fraud on Mark Udall’s behalf, would they? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- CDC: Travelers from Ebola-impacted nations will be monitored for 21 days Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Report: At least seven black witnesses have corroborated Darren Wilson’s testimony before the Ferguson grand jury Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama will not go quietly in 2016 Noah Rothman 2 hours ago