Mother of 4, we are entering into dishonesty territory. You simply DECLARE that a zygote is a "human being" and then use that as a tool to badger me with the GENERALIZATION of "selected, superior classES of human beingS hav[ing] rights while other, lesser human beings may be freely slaughtered for the convenience of those who do have rights." Conveniently, this invokes all sorts of dark and sinister insinuations. I respect that you consider a zygote a human being but I expect you to also respect that BECAUSE I do see an essential differences between a zygote and an essentially viable and sentient embryo I would not IN GENERAL differentiate between selected, higher classES of human beingS (note your defamatory plurals).
Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Open thread: Obama to speak on Ukraine after imposing sanctions Ed Morrissey 12 minutes ago
- National Journal: Hillary resets on Russia Ed Morrissey 51 minutes ago
- US to give up control over Internet Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Flight 370 dropped to 5,000 feet to evade radar Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Crimea declares independence, applies for Russian reunion Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago