It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
I had to respond to the open dishonesty displayed by the author in this article. She cites: "A New York Times study of rampage killers found that six of them were into violent video games." Yet reading the linked article, it is revealed that the sample size, which she purposely omitted, is 100. So in 6 of 100 cases, or 6%, violent video games were a factor. The sad reality that there have been over 100 rampage shootings is another discussion by itself. What is particularly egregious about the omission is that this individual is the Editor of the "Intellectual"conservative section of this site. William F. Buckley would not have resorted to such lowbrow tactics to make a point.
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 52 minutes ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago