It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
I had to respond to the open dishonesty displayed by the author in this article. She cites: "A New York Times study of rampage killers found that six of them were into violent video games." Yet reading the linked article, it is revealed that the sample size, which she purposely omitted, is 100. So in 6 of 100 cases, or 6%, violent video games were a factor. The sad reality that there have been over 100 rampage shootings is another discussion by itself. What is particularly egregious about the omission is that this individual is the Editor of the "Intellectual"conservative section of this site. William F. Buckley would not have resorted to such lowbrow tactics to make a point.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 40 mins ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 4 hours ago