1. It is uncertain where consent ends and force begins. Because that is largely a religious question that cannot be determined by science, it has no place...
Hey, handy that I copied my response to your previous post about this: OT, but this is such a straw man argument I must respond. Government can't prevent anything. If they could, there would be no one to buy meth and cocaine, murder would never occur, and we could all leave our doors unlocked without worrying about someone stealing all our stuff. Laws exist to provide a means for society to punish those whose actions are outside of the rules of society. Put another way, laws don't stop me from killing people, my morals do. Same with stealing and all those other crimes I don't commit. Also, just because something is legal doesn't make it right and just because something is illegal doesn't make it wrong. Now, try staying on topic.
I know it sounds outrageous, but the arguments my liberal readers make for abortion have convinced me that they are trying to legalize rape. Aside from the obvious fact that rape is a moral issue (and one can’t legislate morality), pro-abortion reasoning provides 10 additional reasons for making rape legal. I have enumerated all of them below. I have even taken the time to expand on some of the more disturbing arguments:
- Canadian, British leaders struggle with homegrown Islamic radicalism Noah Rothman 32 mins ago
- NYC doctor who recently treated Ebola patients rushed to hospital with 103-degree fever Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Revealed: ICE released some illegals charged with violent crimes — after telling Americans they hadn’t Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Latest viral video: Priests doing a dance-off in the Vatican* Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Arbiter orders NFL commissioner to testify in hearing on Rice appeal Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, John-Henry Westen, Jason Mattera Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago