In response to:

Economics vs. 'Need'

hvogel Wrote: Jun 11, 2013 7:37 AM
That is a feature, not a flaw. Increased automation is one result of labor shortages and we should all be very glad it is. Automation allows for more good to be produced in less time with a consistent level of quality. 150 years ago, over half the population of the U.S. was involved in food production. Today, that number is around 2%, yet we have more food today than ever before. That frees the remaining 98% of the population to do other things.
curmudgeon10 Wrote: Jun 11, 2013 10:53 AM
and the other things that many have chosen to do is sit and collect welfare payments.