Are Spending Cuts Good Politics?

hunkahunka Wrote: Feb 24, 2013 3:04 PM
How about offering all of Congress a sensible alternative to the all or none approach to the budget cuts which the nation needs and it's voters want? Instead of a do all spend all approach as the liberal democrats want or a don't spend a nickle more than is necessary approach as some Tea Party newly elects propose, how about this year pass a 5% budget cut for all federal spending and a 5% reduction in spending every year after this year for the next 8 years. Each year with less of a federal budget, the 5% cut will not equal as much as the year before; hence, the real percentage cut over 8 years will be approximately 21% total. In 8 years re-evaluate the situation.
Opinions are like ears, most folks have two: Speculators who see the impending break out of more war in the middle east AND the lack of U.S. refineries limited and restricted from building new ones by the E.P.A., radical environmentalists, and state/county and municipal governments. The environmentalists though mislead slightly are genuine in their enthusiasm; but the politicians are in it for the money, in advance, during, and after. The element of human greed goes beyond doing what is beneficial for the society as a whole with so many fingers in the pie, all the pie ingredients are sopped up before the pie can be baked. Therefore no pie can ever be baked until investors, speculators, and politicians are put on a no sugar diet.

Women in Combat: Felony Stupid

hunkahunka Wrote: Feb 18, 2013 10:04 AM
Typically, the military usually checks out minorities in a segregated unit prior to integrating them into the whole, e.g. black soldiers had their own unit, native Americans were generally separated to start with, Japanese soldiers were tested during WW II, Why not start a brigade of women only and test them out against the Taliban while this conflict is winding down. I know for a fact that there are several women who can out perform most men in physically demanding situations, and generally they have a built in instinct about what men are going to do based on a sampling of prior behavioral patterns. I think that the army & marines should each segregate a brigade and test them. Then, the air force, navy, and coast guard should do the same
B-I-N-G-O !!! The police should record political affiliations for the next 2 years then do exactly what LtScrouge suggests.
Because the gun idiots will try to ban all semi-automatic weapons including semi-automatic .22's that have been made since the 1940's or semi-automatic shotguns that have been used in waterfowl hunting since the 1940's too. They have NO idea of any difference between these and "assault style" weapons.
Well, I usually ask God to forgive me of my sins; then, thank Him for revealing unto me that unless deceived in my heart, I am one of His. I usually don't waste His time dealing with earthly, temporal, and worldly things as He is after all a spiritual being dealing with heavenly items and not pre-occupied with things of this world which He set in motion and gave us dominion over. You might try talking to Him in the mornings, He makes a lot more sense to you then.

Report: Sad Federal Employees :(

hunkahunka Wrote: Dec 17, 2012 9:59 PM
The trouble with both federal and state employees is that the outstanding employees get the same pay as the goof offs because of civil service protection. Goof offs have to be documented out the wazoo just to give them a day off without pay. To a supervisor the time and trouble to do all the documentation required for the pittance of time off is not worth it...too much candy for a dime, so to speak.

Report: Sad Federal Employees :(

hunkahunka Wrote: Dec 17, 2012 9:34 PM
YYYeeeeppp. And with state employees there are too damned many chiefs and not enough indians.

Report: Sad Federal Employees :(

hunkahunka Wrote: Dec 17, 2012 9:30 PM
BS, I was a state worker for 37 years and a supervisor. I was paid about the same as a GS 9 while the Federal supervisor my co-equal got 50% more salary with less than half the work load as I had...so, BS with Federal employees work hard.

A Prayer for Sandy Hook

hunkahunka Wrote: Dec 17, 2012 9:24 PM
How about a bible quote that states the why this happened: 2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.