Society is gradually becoming more liberal – or libertine – in many ways, and one of the latest trends is the gradual legalization of marijuana in one state after another. This past election, voters approved marijuana for legal (recreational) use in Colorado and Washington. Marijuana has been legalized for recreational or medicinal use in 13 states, with more states to consider it soon. 15 million Americans are regular users of marijuana, a little over 5% of of the population. It seems problematic to criticize its legalization from a logical perspective considering alcohol, another psychoactive substance, is legal. If it is acceptable...
In response to:
Could somebody please explain to me just what we have done as a society to show the level of responsibility that deserves another legal inebriant? Yes I am a near life long "Pot Head" or as P.J.O'Rourke called it a Republican Party Reptile and I do have a decent Libertarian stripe but what the pro legalization folks fail to see is the lack of responsibility shown by all these days and that leads me to conclude Not Now, you all need to grow up a bit more.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- NYT: Sink loss “devastating” for Democrats, was driven by ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Zuckerberg: U.S. government is a threat to the Internet Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Kerry: I’m approaching the Keystone XL pipeline with a totally blank slate Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- The government doesn’t know how many empty buildings it owns — just that they’re costing us billions Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- WSJ/NBC poll: Americans now think sugar is a bigger health threat than marijuana Allahpundit 4 hours ago