Back in 2010, I shared a remarkable graph comparing the predictions of economists to what actually happened.
Not surprisingly, the two lines don’t exactly overlap, which explains the old joke that economists have correctly predicted nine of the last five recessions.
It’s not that economists are totally useless. It’s just that they don’t do a very good job when they venture into the filed of macroeconomics, as
- Audio: Joe Biden being Joe Biden, Jewish outreach edition Ed Morrissey 12 mins ago
- Benghazi hearings about to force the press to pay attention Noah Rothman 52 mins ago
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago