Back in 2010, I shared a remarkable graph comparing the predictions of economists to what actually happened.
Not surprisingly, the two lines don’t exactly overlap, which explains the old joke that economists have correctly predicted nine of the last five recessions.
It’s not that economists are totally useless. It’s just that they don’t do a very good job when they venture into the filed of macroeconomics, as
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 54 minutes ago
- McCain on Ted Cruz: Have these self-proclaimed Reagan Republicans forgotten that Reagan gave amnesty to three million illegals? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Yikes: ObamaCare signups slowed down in February Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Newest target of Latino media on immigration reform: Barack Obama? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Pew poll: 61% of Republicans under age 30 support legalizing gay marriage Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Breaking: National lightbringer turns out not to be so centrist after all Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago