Mr Schiff is cleverly developing his argument to protect his pocketbook. We are broke and drastic cuts will have to be made. The pork has to be sstripped away. Some of us may have to get back to having a victory garden to raise vegetables in. We may have to start using bikes and mo-peds to travel. Too many people in our country have been living too high off the hog and there has been way too much fraud waste and abuse. The first thing that must be done before we start the scarificial trip to fiscal sanity is to rid the country of the communists who have infiltrated the democratic party big time. They call themselves progressive socialists (code name for commies). That is how we keep our freedoms while we work on our financial recovery.
For much of the past few generations, the debate over balancing the federal budget has been a central feature of every presidential campaign. But over time, the goalposts have moved. As the amount of red ink has grown steadily larger, the suggested time frames to restore balance have gotten increasingly longer, while the suggested cuts in government spending have gotten increasingly shallower. In recent years, talk of balancing the budget gave way to vague promises such as "cutting the deficit in half in five years." In the current campaign, however, it appears as if the goalposts have been moved so far...
- CNN source: Darren Wilson didn’t suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 21 mins ago
- Israel takes out three top Hamas commanders after cease-fire violation Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Scarborough: Golfing after that statement on ISIS shows terrorists that Obama’s one cold bastard Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Sen. Rob Portman, Michael Caspino Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- That ISIS guy who promised to raise Islamic flag over the White House? He’s dead Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Remembering James Foley and his work Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago