We have a crisis in our schools. This is not a new revelation, but it needs to be stated regardless, particularly at the start of another academic year and at a time when America is struggling to compete in the very fields — math, science, technology — that are defining the global economy. Consider that U.S. high school students graduate with just a 32 percent proficiency...
In response to:
When you consider the quality of parenting in Chicago I'm not sure the teachers are paid enough there.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 6 hours ago