Nearly three months after the election, what...
"it approved a resolution to commemorate the achievements of black Republican Frederick Douglass." Most of today's blacks are smart enough to recognize that the "party of Lincoln" that Douglass belonged to was vastly different from the TeaBircher GOP of today. Thus, it's hardly surprising that even blacks who are entrepreneurial and/or socially conservative usually align themselves with the other major party. Who wants anything to do with a party whose more moronic members never tire of claiming that "those people" only align with the Democrats because they want "free stuff"?
Is the Republican National Committee just “stupid” as Gov. Bobby Jindal (R-LA) implied last week, or just hell bent on business as usual, ignoring the minority vote til’ the next century? Either way, the same people who insisted Mitt Romney be anointed the GOP 2012 presidential nominee are the same people now in charge of the party’s image makeover and recruiting voters of “color” to the party: Yes, middle aged and old white men. And all signs point to the fact that we’re heading for the same underperforming results unless we change directions fast.
- Was the Aurora theater shooting “foreseeable” by owners? Jazz Shaw 56 mins ago
- US ponders military intervention in Syria as well as Iraq Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Friday night document dump: Yet another “accommodation” on HHS mandate Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Teachers unions angry with Obama staff “sellouts” Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago