Republicans have gotten their backsides kicked in the last two presidential election cycles, which are essentially the "Super Bowls" of American politics. The party's standard-bearers have lost the popular vote in five of the last six contests, with the lone exception of President Bush's 2004 re-election. Bluntly stated, the GOP's national political model is broken. The Republican National Committee has just published an exhaustive report about what went wrong in 2012, when a Democratic president with mediocre approval ratings and historically poor economic indicators won a second term by a comfortable, 3.5 million vote margin. The political bubble and its inhabitants...
In response to:
"There will be a make-over, but it will come from the failed socialism policies being fostered on this once great nation...." The problem is, what you stupidly call "failed socialism policies" include the very government protections and involvements that helped make this nation the envy of the world, from World War II to the 1980s -- when Reagan et al began to dismantle them. I'm referring to laws that kept financial institutions from blowing up the economy, helped GIs go to college, kept seniors from being a burden on their children, kept workers from being exploited by their employers, provided farmers with some security so they didn't have to worry about going belly-up every time the weather didn't cooperate.....
- Wow: 62% of Republicans support sending ground troops into Iraq and Syria Allahpundit 22 mins ago
- Video: AQ’s competition with ISIS means renewed focus on hitting US Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- The GOP comes roaring back in Colorado Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WSJ: Obama will require military to get his personal approval for U.S. strikes in Syria Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Scotland goes to the polls on independence Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Chaffetz to DHS Secretary: Did you hear the one about the four suspected terrorists who tried to walk across the border? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago