The fiscal cliff legislation doesn't address some of the most important issues that are components of the cliff - the government spending sequester cuts, for example, and the debt ceiling - but the tax cuts were by far the largest issue that needed to be dealt with. As a compromise, tax rates will...
Ah, the enticing aroma of wingnut disarray. Looks like the "Kenyan Muslim Socialist" is a better chess player than the Orange Man or the Turtle.
Less than 24 hours after the Senate passed compromise legislation worked out by Mitch McConnell and Joe Biden to restore most of the tax cuts that lapsed on January 1, John Boehner brought it to the House floor, where it passed on the strength of Democrat votes.
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 21 hours ago