She told me we had to do something about all the spending, to make sure...
President Obama doesn't care about cheapening our dollar and saddling our children with a debt they will never be able to get out from under. He's got his and actually loves to brag that he and others in his economic position are not paying enough. But I don't see him offering to refuse his paycheck. And I don't see him giving a lot more to worthwhile charities, either. No matter what he says (Talk is SO cheap!) the tax increases he is talking about will fall very heavily on ordinary middle class people, just as these sky-high fuel and food costs are hitting us the hardest. I shudder to think how bad it's going to get if he is able to fool enough people to get elected for a second term, when his first term has been so devastating.
A young mother with four beautiful children in tow came up to me in Colorado Springs this week. She motioned to her young children – all smiles and laughs – and told me that each one of them is now nearly $52,000 in debt because irresponsible government spending which as greatly accelerated during the Obama Administration. Children who aren’t old enough to pick out their clothes for school and still need help tying their shoes are in debt through absolutely no fault of their own.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 8 hours ago