She told me we had to do something about all the spending, to make sure...
President Obama doesn't care about cheapening our dollar and saddling our children with a debt they will never be able to get out from under. He's got his and actually loves to brag that he and others in his economic position are not paying enough. But I don't see him offering to refuse his paycheck. And I don't see him giving a lot more to worthwhile charities, either. No matter what he says (Talk is SO cheap!) the tax increases he is talking about will fall very heavily on ordinary middle class people, just as these sky-high fuel and food costs are hitting us the hardest. I shudder to think how bad it's going to get if he is able to fool enough people to get elected for a second term, when his first term has been so devastating.
A young mother with four beautiful children in tow came up to me in Colorado Springs this week. She motioned to her young children – all smiles and laughs – and told me that each one of them is now nearly $52,000 in debt because irresponsible government spending which as greatly accelerated during the Obama Administration. Children who aren’t old enough to pick out their clothes for school and still need help tying their shoes are in debt through absolutely no fault of their own.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 12 hours ago