Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
good point. Also, someone should tell Mayor Bloomberg that there are more calories in beer than there are in soda. Maybe he should try to ban that.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- Boehner: Obama’s request for authorization to arm the Syrian “moderates” is a sound one Allahpundit 52 mins ago
- Video: Did Clinton trash Netanyahu … or Arafat and Abbas? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NBC News: We’re sure ISIS war will help Obama in the midterms, even if Obama isn’t Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: Joint Chiefs chairman concedes U.S. ground troops may see combat in Iraq Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Study: Nightly network news covered Bush’s crumbling job approval 124 times to this point in year six — versus nine times for Obama Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- An Orwellian War: U.S. routinely calling operations in Iraq what they are not Noah Rothman 4 hours ago