A lot of people, conservatives in particular, tend to idealize the past. We like to wax lyrical about simpler times, the "good old days." Of course, if we are honest we have to admit that those good old days weren't always so great. The passage of time and progress of society have brought many blessings – civil, cultural, and technological. Society today is freer, fairer, safer, and more comfortable. Unfortunately many of the blessings of progress come at a cost. The same technologies that make life healthier and more comfortable can also present us with previously unimagined ethical dilemmas. This...
In response to:
Real prudence for men and women is about living like an adult in your 20s (not like frat boys) dating carefully with marriage in mind (eliminating a huge percentage of the dating pool) and planning to wrap up your childbearing by 30 so that if you do have fertility issues, you have time to make good choices when it comes to fertility treatment options. Ladies, you can focus on career when the kids are in school.
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 52 minutes ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago