A lot of people, conservatives in particular, tend to idealize the past. We like to wax lyrical about simpler times, the "good old days." Of course, if we are honest we have to admit that those good old days weren't always so great. The passage of time and progress of society have brought many blessings – civil, cultural, and technological. Society today is freer, fairer, safer, and more comfortable. Unfortunately many of the blessings of progress come at a cost. The same technologies that make life healthier and more comfortable can also present us with previously unimagined ethical dilemmas. This...
In response to:
Real prudence for men and women is about living like an adult in your 20s (not like frat boys) dating carefully with marriage in mind (eliminating a huge percentage of the dating pool) and planning to wrap up your childbearing by 30 so that if you do have fertility issues, you have time to make good choices when it comes to fertility treatment options. Ladies, you can focus on career when the kids are in school.
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 29 mins ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Media curiously silent on “Truthy” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Wednesday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago