It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
I have said this over and over since yesterday morning. The issue here is NOT about gun ownership. The issue is bigger than that. With the embracing of abortion, the teaching of evolution and the push for "free contraceptives for everyone", we have so devalued human life that those who seek to take it away do not see it as actually doing anything more than stepping on an ant.
- Surprise: Hoboken Mayor produces additional “journal entries” in Christie saga Guy Benson 20 minutes ago
- Video: Oregon commission orders stop on using dead babies to generate power Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Bundy’s comments on race provide breaking point for Paul, Heller Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- FDA set to regulate e-cigs — and cigars, pipe tobacco Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Five dead in Ukraine clashes as Obama warns on sanctions Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago