WASHINGTON -- I do not know about you, but to me this sequestration imbroglio is getting interesting. Last week, I wrote of my surprise that a basic untruth was being repeated over and over again by the White House, to wit, that the Republicans were responsible for the monstrosity of sequestration. I wrote that, as I recalled it, sequestration was an idea introduced by the White House to coax the Republicans and the Democrats into a deal in the summer of 2011 to raise the ceiling on the national debt. Remember that deal? And another thing, there would be no tax...
We are hearing it but not from the "status quo" old idiots. We're hearing it from the likes of Rubio, Cruz and Rand. These are the guys we need to watch, listen to as they are going in the direction that we need. I'm sick to death of the likes of McCain, Graham and Mitchell. The old addled GOP is dead to me. I'm done with them completely. It's TEA or nothing for me from here on out. Think of it as a pyramid, we as voters are the bottom, the Dems and Repubs are the two uprights. See how they come together at the top? Yeah, they lean on each other as they need each other to survive. At the top, there is no left/right paradigm, there is only money and power and the lust for more. Time to change the ticker and remove those.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 22 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 23 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 23 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014