Milwaukee Country Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. and Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett joined Piers Morgan on his show to discuss the sheriff’s radio ad, which urges citizens to consider taking a firearms safety course because “simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option.” Clarke’s point was that with officers laid off and furloughed, police might not be able to respond as quickly as needed. Thus, citizens may want to consider giving themselves another option: learn how to responsibly use a firearm for self-defense. This, of course, doesn’t fly with Morgan, a staunch gun-control advocate, or Mayor...
In response to:
Piers is just one of those British men who thinks his "celebrity" will have some type of say in American politics. Like so many left-winged individuals, Piers believes that the government is the answer to all of the country's issues, and that is how they should be solved. Their goal is to take power and our right of protection away to leave us defenseless to their control, which is continually growing more and more out of control. It is an American right to have a firearm, and these ultra liberals need to back off, especially intolerable ones like Piers Morgan who just likes to hear himself talk and thinks that majorly reducing firearms in the United States will save lives...like most deaths from guns aren't illegally bought anyway right?
- Slate’s Dickerson: Obama deceptions might be a deliberate attention-diverting strategy Ed Morrissey 42 minutes ago
- New Bloomberg umbrella gun-control group’s first ad: Are your children safe? Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Report: Jewish residents being forced to “register” by pro-Russian militants in eastern Ukrainian city; Update: U.S. ambassador confirms; Update: Hoax? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- NBC: Isn’t it great to have a multi-billionaire pour money into politics? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- American super-patriot to Putin: Russia doesn’t conduct mass surveillance like the U.S. does, right? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Old recording reveals GOP governor questioned policy, used salty language Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago