The future of our country is going to hinge not upon the Republican Party's reinvention (as so many think) but upon each of us patriots asking what isn't working about our approach and modifying our attacks for greater impact in the culture and political wars. You don't fight and win unconventional...
@BurtB: One thing we know for sure is that millions of Evangelical Christians sat on their collective butts and did not go vote Obama out of office because they would not vote for a Mormon. Ensuring that every qualified, legal American over the age of 18 cares enough to really read the issues and platforms then go vote would be huge. My most creative idea is to cultivate, from this day forward, a third party person who will run in 2016 and cannot be destroyed by the MSM or vile politicians who lie to the public. Someone who is a fiscal conservative, a member of a "benign" religion, someone who believes in and honors the Constitution.
When President Barack Obama was re-elected, the winds waned behind many patriots' ships' sails. My wife, Gena, and I felt that sock in the gut for our country and posterity, too. But instead of cowering in defeat, I believe we need to discard conventional (unsuccessful) strategies and advance in new directions.
- Business groups “blindsided” by Obama overtime redefinition Ed Morrissey 51 minutes ago
- Trey Gowdy on Obama’s power grabs: “How does going from being a senator to a president re-write the Constitution?” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Criminal probe opening in GM recall? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Jolly win has Dems worried about ObamaCare … messaging Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Obama warns Russia of “cost” in Crimea Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Did Flight 370 continue for four more hours in flight? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago