Mitt Romney is catching a lot of flak for his surreptitiously recorded remarks about 47 percent of voters automatically being in the Obama column because they don’t pay federal income tax and thus see themselves as beneficiaries of big government.
Not quite. I think Romney raised an important issue, but he cited the wrong statistic and drew an unwarranted conclusion.
Here’s what I said to Neil Cavuto about the controversy.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Priorities: Germany bans Uber, ride-sharing services Mary Katharine Ham 48 mins ago
- Breaking: Obama approves sending 350 more troops back into Baghdad Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- U.K. graciously declines to charge parents arrested for trying to save their child’s life Noah Rothman 4 hours ago