In response to:
Without a safety net, a financial crisis will quickly move a middle class citizen into the ranks of the poor. Without an effective public school system, citizens can't intelligently cast a ballot, and become vulnerable to propaganda and misinformation. A regressive tax system ensures that there is plenty of government money to support the activities the rich need, like defense and infrastrusture, while suppressing upward mobility. Suppressing citizen participation makes it easier to manipulate government. Why destroy the middle class? It's not anything personal, they just use up too many resources. The middle class want a life that is very much more expensive in terms of resources than the life of a poor person.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 10 hours ago