In response to:
Without a safety net, a financial crisis will quickly move a middle class citizen into the ranks of the poor. Without an effective public school system, citizens can't intelligently cast a ballot, and become vulnerable to propaganda and misinformation. A regressive tax system ensures that there is plenty of government money to support the activities the rich need, like defense and infrastrusture, while suppressing upward mobility. Suppressing citizen participation makes it easier to manipulate government. Why destroy the middle class? It's not anything personal, they just use up too many resources. The middle class want a life that is very much more expensive in terms of resources than the life of a poor person.
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 10 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 12 hours ago