What if the government regards the Constitution as merely a guideline to be referred to from time to time, or a myth to be foisted upon the voters,...
You're awesome, Judge, but I hate your "what if" columns. Maybe ask the key questions in the first paragraph and then go through and analyze and answer them. The way you write these is, to me, unreadable.
What if the government never took the Constitution seriously? What if the same generation -- in some cases the same human beings -- that wrote in the First Amendment, "Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech," also enacted the Alien and Sedition Acts, which made it a crime to criticize the government? What if the feds don't regard the Constitution as the Supreme Law of the Land?
- Clapper to intel community: You’ve done great work … on ISIS Ed Morrissey 15 mins ago
- Cindy Sheehan: Let’s face it, some liberals support Obama’s wars because of reverse racism Allahpundit 55 mins ago
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, C.P. Snow and the science vs. culture battle Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Christie: I am certainly unimpressed with Obama’s leadership on ISIS Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Secret Service missed an armed ex-con … in elevator … with President Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NY Gov candidate deploys new version of “Daisy” ad Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago