"...that will allow charging more based on time of day, type of road taken or where one wishes to go i.e. into downtown business districts." Here in GA we have High Occupancy Toll lanes that do that already. They charge according to how far you are driving and how much traffic is on the road at any given time. A route that costs $.09 in the afternoon will cost $6.50 in the morning, because of rush hour traffic. I'm not making those figures up. They don't require GPS, you're just required to set up an account and display and RFID tag. No doubt those will be placed on all license plates soon.
- Poll: Republican Cory Gardner now leads Mark Udall by one in Colorado Senate race Allahpundit 12 mins ago
- The dream of a Jon Huntsman independent run in 2016 is alive and well, my friends Allahpundit 52 mins ago
- Iraqi PM: Please, America, don’t send troops back to Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul: If it was wrong not to protect the Benghazi consulate, it’s wrong not to protect the one in Kurdistan Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Vikings retreat on Peterson after sponsors, media erupt Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Watch ISIS’s Hollywood movie trailer goading U.S. to again invade Iraq Noah Rothman 3 hours ago