"...that will allow charging more based on time of day, type of road taken or where one wishes to go i.e. into downtown business districts." Here in GA we have High Occupancy Toll lanes that do that already. They charge according to how far you are driving and how much traffic is on the road at any given time. A route that costs $.09 in the afternoon will cost $6.50 in the morning, because of rush hour traffic. I'm not making those figures up. They don't require GPS, you're just required to set up an account and display and RFID tag. No doubt those will be placed on all license plates soon.
- AFP Defending the Dream Summit: Day 1 Ed Morrissey 19 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 10 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 12 hours ago