"...that will allow charging more based on time of day, type of road taken or where one wishes to go i.e. into downtown business districts." Here in GA we have High Occupancy Toll lanes that do that already. They charge according to how far you are driving and how much traffic is on the road at any given time. A route that costs $.09 in the afternoon will cost $6.50 in the morning, because of rush hour traffic. I'm not making those figures up. They don't require GPS, you're just required to set up an account and display and RFID tag. No doubt those will be placed on all license plates soon.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 17 hours ago