"...that will allow charging more based on time of day, type of road taken or where one wishes to go i.e. into downtown business districts." Here in GA we have High Occupancy Toll lanes that do that already. They charge according to how far you are driving and how much traffic is on the road at any given time. A route that costs $.09 in the afternoon will cost $6.50 in the morning, because of rush hour traffic. I'm not making those figures up. They don't require GPS, you're just required to set up an account and display and RFID tag. No doubt those will be placed on all license plates soon.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 8 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 11 hours ago