We will see an enormous decision that must be made on the Bush income taxes and the payroll tax holiday, but what might provide more problems between the parties are the sequester spending cuts. Democrats do not want to admit that they have pushed sharp defense decreases upon the country as a "compromise" for raising the debt ceiling last time. It's surprising that...
In response to:
My prediction is that the House GOP will cave and that the compromise will be worse than what sequestration would have been.
There will be a lame duck session between Election Day 2012 and January 2013, when President Obama has his second inauguration and the next Congress takes office. And in that time, incredibly important policy must be decided.
- NATO: Russia has moved artillery units and personnel into Ukraine Ed Morrissey 49 mins ago
- Hamas executes “collaborators” as Israeli air strikes target leadership Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- White House: That round of golf after the Foley video was released doesn’t show the depth of Obama’s grief Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poll: As Scott Brown pounds on immigration, NH Senate race closes to statistical tie Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Conservative columnists agree: Go to war in Iraq and Syria, don’t occupy them Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago