We're at seven hours and counting already, with the Kentucky Senator betraying no signs of slowing down. His has utterly dominated Twitter all afternoon. An irritated, hapless Harry Reid stopped by to try to put an end to the soliloquy over an hour ago, but Paul objected, so on it goes. In case you were curious, the longest filibuster in history was conducted by Sen. Strom Thurmond of South Carolina. He spoke for 24 hours and 18 minutes straight against a civil rights bill, which eventually passed the Senate with unanimous Republican support (Democrats were split). As Kevin...
In response to:
This whole little exorcise sounds a lot like "symbolism over substance"....and who does that sound like? You are allowing your emotions to carry you away....
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago