While we were en route to the Golan plateau,...
To George Did you read LonePine's comments? He said when you are dealing with an enemy you "Hit THEM first". So I just brought up another example of a pre-emptive strike to ask him how he felt about that. Why was it "completely illogical"?
TIBERIAS, Israel -- Atop the Golan Heights, there are thousands of fruit trees, vineyards, acres of wheat, vegetables, herds of cattle and a half-million or more land mines. The livestock and produce were brought here and cultivated by Israeli citizen-soldiers -- people who beat their swords into plowshares to wrest farmland from a battlefield. The land mines were planted by the Syrian army. The Golan plateau is an object lesson for American policymakers who believe that the Israelis need only trade a little more land in exchange for peace. It just isn't so.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 7 hours ago