One of the major issues that various insurgent elements in the GOP has pushed for is immigration reform. President George W. Bush and 2008 GOP nominee John McCain made a major push for an immigration...
I love when people talk about 'high-skilled immigrants". Of course they are a litle vague on what these high skills are. The article sort of mentioned enginnering starved tech firms. Our free enterprise system will take care of the rest if people find out there are openings for good paying jobs in tech firms. We don't need outsiders.
There has been no shortage of post-mortems after Barack Obama's sweeping victory in November's elections, but the dominant story line is that the Republican Party should focus more on how its message can empower minority groups and tailor their rhetoric toward how a GOP platform helps everyone, not just majority groups. A good example would be Mara Liasson's NPR story on the subject.
- Investigation reveals Obamacare is a fraudster’s dream come true Noah Rothman 49 minutes ago
- Ukraine rebel leader: Yeah, we had a BUK system — and sent it back to Russia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Did Cuomo obstruct his own anti-corruption crusade? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Planned Parenthood teen sex education: You could get tied to a tree … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Paul Ryan, 2016? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Obama: I don’t watch the news because I usually already know the stuff they’re reporting Allahpundit 4 hours ago